Covid 19 has changed everything in our lives, right?
When Mass and parish activities were first suspended, it left us all asking, “how do we keep informed when we can’t be at Church hearing announcements and picking up the printed bulletin?”
We hope we are fulfilling your need for information about Ss. Peter and Paul the Apostles Parish. Fr. Mark and all parish staff took immediate action last spring to “get out the word” on happenings related to Covid 19 and how we could keep some parish activities moving forward in new and different ways.
So, now and in the future, we are continuing efforts to let parishioners know what they need and want to know.
You will notice that we have expanded our digital outreach:
- Updating the website quickly, sometimes daily. Be sure to use the website for events, daily readings, Catholic news from worldwide services and from the Florida Catholic newspaper.
- Posting pertinent information and announcements on Facebook. Daily Mass is live streamed on our Facebook page, and Bishop Frank Dewane livestreams daily Mass on the diocesan website.
- Implementing our own WeConnect Parish App. You always have the latest parish information at your fingertips on your smartphone or tablet device.
- Providing the printed bulletin for those attending Mass. We are having fewer copies printed than in “normal times.” But no worries if you can’t get one at Mass. You can see the current and past bulletins on our website any time, 24/7, every single day. The bulletin is also a key element of our WeConnect Parish App.
If you’re using our various communications media, you will see the same information in many places. Our Bulletin Editor Sherree Parker deserves so much credit and appreciation. Her excellent work makes it easy to simply lift bulletin items to post, also, on our electronic media.
Since March 2020, we have all greatly appreciated letters from our pastor, Fr. Mark Heuberger, mailed to our homes. This has helped so much to reassure us and to inform us of parish and diocesan announcements.
Of course, parishioners are always welcome to drop by the parish office (please wear a mask) to give news information, financial contributions, or just to say, “Hello.”
Need to contact a priest, parish staff, or share information for the bulletin/website/Facebook/WeConnect Parish App? Here are some key email addresses:
- [email protected] to contact priests or parish staff
- [email protected] for anything concerning the website, Facebook and WeConnect Parish App
- [email protected] for the bulletin
If you prefer to make a phone call, the parish office number is 941-795-1228.